The PTA cannot operate without all those parents and teachers who give up their time to plan, organise and help out at events. Nor can it operate without the goodwill of all parents in supporting events and donating items etc.
Helping with PTA events is fun and can have other benefits for parents such as making new friends, boosting your CV or just getting to know your child’s school better. And you can give as much or as little time as you want or are able to – or you can simply support PTA events by attending them or donating items. We all understand how busy parents are!
There are many ways you can get involved – and please remember, you can do so as much or as little as you are able to:
* Supporting events – by coming along and hopefully having some fun.
* Helping out at events – the saying ‘many hands make light work’ has never been more true! This may include running a stall at the Christmas Fayre, helping set up tables for Easter bingo, photocopying newsletters during the school day, making up hampers at home for raffle prizes, distributing refreshments to the children at the school discos, shopping for lucky dip prizes etc.
* Donating raffle prizes or services linked to your business, job or outside interests (e.g. colour photocopying fayre programmes, match funding from your employer if you volunteer at one our events etc).
* Becoming a general committee member – come along to meetings, get a bit more involved, perhaps take on a small role if you are able, or simply contribute ideas!
* Just coming along to meetings – no pressure to become a full committee member. Just come along with a friend and see what happens!
* Joining a sub-committee to help plan a particular event.
* Becoming the chair, vice-chair, treasurer or secretary or taking on some other specific role which you feel you have the skills to do!
* If you are interested in getting more involved in the PTA’s activities please contact any member of the committee.