At Bedgrove Infant School all Staff and Governors share an objective to help keep the children safe by contributing to:
- Providing a safe environment for children to learn.
- Identifying children who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm and taking appropriate action with the aim of making sure they are kept safe both at home and in the education setting.
To achieve this objective we will:
- Prevent unsuitable people working with children through rigorous safer recruitment
- Ensure that every stakeholder and all personnel working in or around the school at any time, are fully conversant with safeguarding procedures
- Promote safe practice and challenge poor and unsafe practice.
- Identify instances in which there are grounds for concern about a child’s welfare, and initiate or take appropriate action to keep them safe;
- Contribute to effective partnership working between all those involved with providing services for our children.